Speckles n Spectrum

back to basics seemingly-banal adventures of an eclectic modern muser...

"Learning from the Past, Hopes for the Future, and a Life's Journey of making the most of what's at hand."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cool website named I Write Like says...


I write like
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!



I got this link from the Fibro and so I thought I might just want to try it too and see what it will say about my writing and ta-da... Well, I'm hesitant because I posted the text of my latest blog entry which is a bit of a prayer so maybe that's the reason why it says Dan Brown.

Now, since I'm bored and nothing to do this early morning but still lacking sleep I've tried several blog posts and I got different results. Let's see here:
  • My The Royal Wedding postNeverland and Beauty VS Brains say... I write like Anne Rice
  • My HBD Shakespeare post says... I write like Oscar Wilde
  • Banal na Aso, Santong Kabayo says... I write like Mario Puzo
  • Other entries say I write like Jonathan Swift, David Foster Wallace, Raymond Chandler and Stephenie Meyer. 
  • For some poems it says I write like Chuck Palahniuk and James Joyce.
  •  My entries Sm Little Stars, Bookworm?, Rizal, the Tagalog Hamlet, and X-men: First Class say...

I write like
H. P. Lovecraft
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

  • 9 entries (including the first three posts in this blog, Just the Girl! Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time, Facial Discrimination and Kikayism! say...
I write like
Cory Doctorow
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

And that's the winner I guess, but wth is Cory Doctorow?
Cory Doctorow (born July 17, 1971) is a Canadian blogger, journalist, and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the blog Boing Boing. He is an activist in favour of liberalising copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons organization, using some of their licences for his books. Some common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, and post-scarcity economics.


Yes ma'am and sir, I googled it and the wiki says it all, obviously... hehe. I don't know but I haven't read anything about his work or even one of his works so maybe the connectors would be the words activist and blogger. But is my activist side really too obvious in my writings? Oh well, I better research more. 


And if you want to Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers go ahead visit I Write Like.

5 Thoughts:

I write likeIan Fleming :)

That's cool Ken. Do you think it's accurate? What is your writing style by the way?

Hi Tin! I can't relate to other writers you mentioned. It's only Dan Brown that I'm familiar with. Maybe I read a few since my wife also collects books. I'm reading a different genre, mostly in politics, business and leadership. 
I can't imagine writing blog post a day. You're really passionate about thing. keep it up.

Thanks Kuya Tony. Don't worry kuya I don't know all of them too, maybe only a few 2 or 4 of them that's why I think I need to read more on their works especially the last 2 writers to know if I really write the same way with them and learn to improve too. 

Btw have you tried it? What's your writing style?

haven't figured it yet. but, am curious to know.

Post a Comment


Spectrum by

Archives

Kristinabiog.blogspot.com BlogWithIntegrity.com
-----------------------------------
Powered by Blogger.