Speckles n Spectrum

back to basics seemingly-banal adventures of an eclectic modern muser...

"Learning from the Past, Hopes for the Future, and a Life's Journey of making the most of what's at hand."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Po joins forces with a group of new kung-fu masters to take on an old enemy with a deadly new weapon.

Director: Jennifer Yuh
Writers: Jonathan Aibel, Glenn Berger
Stars: Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Jackie Chan
Language: English
Release Date: 25 May 2011 (Philippines)
Also Known As: Кунг-фу Панда 2

Taglines: Ska2oosh!

Genres: Animation, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Family
Rated: USA - PG; Phil - G (MTRCB)

Source: IMDb
-------------------------------------------------------

Another great movie for the whole family Kung Fu Panda 2. The return of Jack Black as Po this time as a dragon warrior with the Furious Five defending the Valley of Peace and from someone who'd want to destroy China and Kung Fu forever.

I don't know why I can't remember the first movie so I can't have any comparison. Maybe it wasn't too good perhaps?

Anyways, this movie is for the whole family for the story isn't made just for kids but there's something for everyone too. I love how it centers with Po's finding his inner peace, about family and friendship. He was now the dragon warrior loved by all and yet his memories of his mother and a symbol haunts him thus he realized in this movie that he was adopted.

This movie has a heart, it will make you laugh but then it never made me cry though there's a few touching moments but not too dramatic to let you shed tears. Am a lost for words here so just help yourself up and go enjoy the movie yourself.

Trivia

The character of Master Croc, voiced by Jean-Claude Van Damme, late in the movie performs a signature move of Van Dammme's. As he leaps onto the boat Master Croc lands in a wide split position, a characteristic Van-Damme move. 


A few lines I like from the movie:

Po: I know it's not something a hardcore would understand... 
Tigress: The hardcore do understand... but I can't bear to see a friend die. 
You can chain my body but you can never chain my warrior spirit!
Your story may not have such a happy beginning but that doesn't make you who you are it is the rest of your story who you choose to be.
What's step 2? Honestly I didnt think I'll make it this far.
You gotta let go that stuff from the past coz it just doesn't matter the only thing that matters is what you choose to be now.



4 out of 5 stars. The movie was entertaining enough. It has great lines and puns. Wholesome, kids friendly and amusing. However for some reasons I felt that not all characters were given enough exposure in this film. Po and Tigress got the most part of the movie and there are scenes that could be better had the characters have more lines except those two. And there's the predictable storyline of typical kung fu classics, finding the inner peace, gaining it, conflict and winning the battle. Maybe I was expecting too much for a little touchy scene like from other kiddie movies like Toy Story. But this movie leave my tear ducts dry or maybe I'm not making sense since it's supposed to be a comedy but then I was expecting for a really heartfelt comedy. But it is heartfelt comedy haha so maybe it's just me as I said am a lost for words here so you'll be the judge. 


Edit:
I slept it through and now I knew why am such speechless about this movie... hehe. It's because I can actually identify with Po. Not about being a hero thing but about the being a dragon warrior am more like a warrior of my own destiny, clumsy, big, childish, and silly. My cousin who lives in Brisbane teased me about being the Kung Fu Panda of the Philippines and as usual I'm low gets so I just thought it's about the size and silliness now I know it was about finding the inner peace.  Maybe it's more about that. I don't want to ask him to explain because knowing my silly cousin I won't get a decent answer. Am gonna settle for that idea but then if it's really the size his talking about I don't mind Pandas are cute lol.

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment


Spectrum by

Archives

Kristinabiog.blogspot.com BlogWithIntegrity.com
-----------------------------------
Powered by Blogger.