Speckles n Spectrum

back to basics seemingly-banal adventures of an eclectic modern muser...

"Learning from the Past, Hopes for the Future, and a Life's Journey of making the most of what's at hand."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my mother was away for about 2 weeks I was having a vacation grande  as well at home by feasting nearly everyday with pizza... haha


I was able to come up with my own pizza recipe or at least combination of ingredients for my personal pizza. And yep, it's healthy as usual. That's actually one of my reasons why I like to cook because I can choose what to put in what I eat plus the fun of cooking by unleashing my creative side. It's just simply fulfilling. 

For this pizza I used tofu instead of meat and it comes out just perfect. By the way, I cheated on the pizza crust. I just bought it. Why do I have to bother myself making one when it's easier and cheaper to buy a ready made, right? But if you'd like to make one I won't stop you... hehe

Pizza Spectrum

pizza crust
tofu (cubed or sliced into tiny bits)
butter or oil
mushrooms
pineapple tidbits
cucumber 
Del Monte Gourmet Beef & Mushroom Pasta Sauce
1 green bell pepper
Edam cheese
mozzarella 

How to mess it up:

Photobucket1. Pre-heat your oven at 375 F (190 C) for 20 minutes. 

2. Lay your pizza crust in a baking pan.

3. Spread the tomato sauce evenly on top of the crust. You can actually use any kind of brands of tomato sauce but I prefer Del Monte's Gourmet selection since it has already that distinctive classic taste that you don't need to add anything because the sauce is complete in itself.

4. Add the grated cheese. For this particular recipe I used Edam cheese since that's what we have available. Though it's perfect since it's a bit salty so it became also a substitute for salt.

5. Meanwhile, fry the tofu in butter or oil. I prefer the tofu almost grounded for it's more crunchy and will appear and taste like unsalted chicharon. But if you don't like crunchy you can just slice it into cubes and don't over fry it so this way it will taste and feel like meat. Then sprinkle it on top of the crust.

Photobucket

6. Add the remaining ingredients: cucumber, mushrooms, pineapple, and bell pepper and manage to decorate the pizza as well while adding them. Then sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top.

7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is brown.  Then serve with hot sauce or ketchup. 

Photobucket
I like mine with a refreshing cold fresh milk =)


0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment


Spectrum by

Archives

Kristinabiog.blogspot.com BlogWithIntegrity.com
-----------------------------------
Powered by Blogger.