Speckles n Spectrum

back to basics seemingly-banal adventures of an eclectic modern muser...

"Learning from the Past, Hopes for the Future, and a Life's Journey of making the most of what's at hand."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She is trying to rip off Christian idolatry to shore up her talentless, mundane and boring performances," 

says the president of the Catholic League.

The tune features lyrics like: "I want to love you,/but something’s pulling me away from you/Jesus is my virtue, and Judas is the demon I cling to….I’m just a holy fool,/ oh baby he’s so cruel,/ but I’m still in love with Judas, baby.”

I don't know about you but the first time I read these lines during Holy Week through someone that said the song lyrics are disturbing her, well, I thought so too. But rereading it again now and listening to the song as well as doing some research on how people view it hmmm... I think I just changed my mind about the song. (see some buzz about this here and views here.)

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Gaga but I sometimes like to listen to her songs when there's nothing left to be played in my favorite playlist and I like the message of "Born This Way." Though I like how free-spirited she is and how she breaks social norms and being so brave to stand-up and be unique in a world full of confinements and stereotyping. Less to say I admire the boldness and freedom she's exuding but I'm waiting for her to drop the wild fashion sense and start being subtle in terms of clothing. Costumes for performances and music videos are fine but for shopping or everyday wear uh, uh. I know she's doing it to attract attention and she's great in getting people's attention. I even read once somewhere that she used to go bare-naked while playing her piano in a New York stage just so her audience will focus on her. I know it's her thing and that's what makes her unique but she's famous now I think she can return to earth and for christ'ssakes live like a real human. And if she's really aiming to be a role-model of the youth, and I guess she's already is for some well, it's just right for her to start thinking about how influential she is in today's children's mind and start living and doing it right.

So Judas is just another interesting song with a catchy beat that I wouldn't mind to listen to once in a while. About the lyrics, it seems the church is just being a baby with this. Being so touchy about the matter that it was purposefully release during the Lent but it's not really mocking anything. For me the song is just like a sinner's confession of trying to be faithful and good but being affected by demons. Admitting those stuff in a song is not a mortal sin, it is way better than priests molesting children and hiding in their holy cross and still preaching about loving them in God's way. What do the church do about this? Well, they just shuffle the parish assignments of the offender and keep them out of public view. Now those are the things they needed to comment on, as for this talentless gaga as they said but stirring controversies on their church, this is nothing compare to their inside controversies so I might say who are the real hypocrites then?


0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment


Spectrum by

Archives

Kristinabiog.blogspot.com BlogWithIntegrity.com
-----------------------------------
Powered by Blogger.